by Linh Nguyen
a recipe from the ClubIn project “Fit Food: Cooking with Linh“
Ingredients (for 12 tacos)
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 – 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 250 g vegan minced meat (e.g. soy minced meat or minced meat made from pea protein, from the refrigerated section. Alternative: 100 g dried soy shreds)
- 1 tsp paprika powder (sweet)
- 1 – 1½ teaspoons chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 can kidney beans (approx. 255 g drained weight)
- 1 can corn (approx. 140 g drained weight)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 200 ml water
- 12 taco shells
- 1 cup vegan crème fraîche (or vegan yogurt) to serve (optional)
- 1 bunch of coriander (to taste)
If you are using soy shreds, prepare them according to package instructions. Drain the beans and corn through a sieve, rinse briefly and drain.
Peel and chop the shallot and garlic. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan. Briefly sauté shallot and garlic in it. Add vegan mince and fry over medium heat until crispy. Season with paprika powder, chili flakes, salt and pepper and deglaze with soy sauce.
Add beans and corn. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add tomato paste and mix thoroughly with remaining ingredients. Deglaze with water and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes until the liquid is almost cooked off. Season the vegan taco filling to taste and remove from heat or keep warm over low heat.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees (top/bottom heat). Remove taco shells from packaging and heat in preheated oven for 6-7 minutes until crispy. Meanwhile, wash coriander, pat dry, pluck leaves and chop coarsely.
Remove the taco shells from the oven and pour in about 2 tablespoons of the filling. Top with vegan crème fraîche and coriander and serve.
Translated by Joeline O‘Reilly